Saturday, January 24, 2009

God's Voice and messages of love

Early in my Mercy journey, I found out that God wanted to talk to me, and I just need to sit sometimes and listen. I don't have to strive or study or pray hard. He just wants me to be still sometimes. I was not so sure about this practice, so one night, I sat in my bed and gave in a try. I closed my eyes and just listened. Not too much time passed before I heard a simple statement: "I love you." I thought, "how do I know that this is really you, God?" I mean, that was so simple and kind of a no-brainer. Duh. You love me. Then He said, "Megan, do you really KNOW this love?" Then He gave me a reference to support His statement. Sometimes in need proof. I guess I am like Thomas sometimes. He pointed me to Hosea 11: "I drew them with cords of a man with bands of love, and I was to them as one who lifts up and eases the yoke over them, and I bent down to them and gently laid food before them." In this message, God revealed that He loves me as a Father. His agape in this sense was the same as His toward Israel in this verse in Hosea.It was so cool that night, that I tried to list to God again the next morning. As I sat in the library, though half asleep, I heard His voice again. This time He said simply, "I am IN love with you." This was a little more uncomfortable. This was the call of the Bridegroom, and He took me to Song of Solomon. He gave me a picture of a beautifully arrayed bride, who was glowing with joy and expectation on her wedding day. She was walking to the alter, where he spellbound groom was waiting. He was enraptured by her beauty, and he could not take His adoring eyes off of her. My God is in love with me like this. He thinks I am beautiful and captivating. He says, "like a lily among thorns, so are you, my love, among the daughters." I am the lily. I am His lily that emits an aroma of beauty and enchantment. God loves us as a Father, and He is in love with us passionately as a Bridegroom. He protects us and nurtures us as He did Israel. He also woos us and pursues us as Solomon his bride. What an amazing God we have!

1 comment:

  1. Oh this is glorious! I LOVE reading how He woos people to His side. I could read about it all day :)

    ReplyDelete